Should I be concerned?

I am 16 weeks pregnant and I have not even begun to show. Many of my friends and family have made comments regarding it and also hint that I may not be eating enough. But my doc. does not seem to concerned about it and has not said anything to me about it. Should I even worry about it? And has anyone begun showing later in their pregnancy than this?

armanaqueen630

Asked by armanaqueen630 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. I was quite thin so my friends thought that I should start showing at about 12 weeks at the most, but instead I started showing at 22 weeks. They all thought something was wrong with me. But my doc said it was perfectly normal and fine and just every woman is different. So if your doctor is not concerned then I wouldn't worry at all.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 2:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• That is not a cause for concern. Believe me, a lot of women don't show much at all. My sister is pregnant with her first child. She is 5'8, 140 lbs, and nearly 6 months pregnant and she does not show at all. Her baby is perfectly fine and she could wear a bikini and people would not guess she is pregnant. Eventually you will start showing. You still have a long way to go.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• everyone is different mysiser didnt show til she was 6 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have two kids and i never show before 20 weeks, it doesn't become obvious that im pregnant till after 24 weeks or so. Its normal, some women just don't grow the huge bellies or show early.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• eating doesnt make your uterus grow!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I personally stated showinf right away for some reason...you couldn't tell from behind but if I turned sideways it was like walking into a brick wall for some. but I weighed 98 lbs when I go prego so littlest bit of weight I gained was extremely noticable! but my BF didn't show until she was like 7 mon. every woman is different!
    kolbiesmommy

Answer by kolbiesmommy at 4:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• at 16 weeks with your first i really wouldn't worry about it. and the size of your belly is not a good way to measure the size of the baby. as long as the doc says the baby is growing and healthy you're fine.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009