how do I get my son to use the potty away from home.

OK moms I have asked this question in several potty training groups and have gotten no response. Please help. My son is potty trained at home! YEAH!!!! (well not at bed time) he wears big kid underware and uses the potty all on his own. Ususally runs back in with nothing on from the waist down but that is ok. but when we go away no matter how many times I put him on the potty or ask him if he has to go he just goes in his pants. This is not just when we are shopping but when we visit others houses as well. any suggestions on how to get him to go away from home??? PS I have tried to take his potty with me and we still get acidents.

VinniesMommie

Asked by VinniesMommie at 2:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It might be an issue of it not being done at his home. (Example: If you slept in a strange bed don't you have some difficulty falling asleep?) Be consistent. Over time your ds will figure it out.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I WOULD PUT A PULL UP OVER HIS UNDERWEAR.(SO HE CALL FEEL WET BUT ALSO NOT MAKE A MESS....)....AND I ALSO WOULD BRING A POTTY THAT HE IS FAMILIAR WITH ! HE'S PROLLY EXCITED AND TO BUSY,ALSO MIGHT BE SCARED!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009