Does your daughter shave down there?

I have a friend who is very open with her 15 year old son. He told her that all of his male friends discuss which girls don't shave down there and it's a total turn off to them - almost like what adults think of a woman who doesn't shave her armpits. I know I go get brazilian waxes, but I'm a grown woman. Anyone with highschoolers who shave down there? I just thought that was awful young and don't want to be talking to my daughter about shaving there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a 16 yo dd and she has been shaving for a year. I was not happy about it when I first learned of it. Thinking when I was 16 only the "bad girls" did that! But she just feels cleaner and more comfortable in her bathing suit when she is shaved. She gets alitlle lax about it in the winter, but I have learned over the years to pick my battles and this is not one of them.
    I will say this, Way to go mom for having such an open relationship with your son!!! I know with my girls it isn't always easy to do.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My daughter's 14 and we were talking about this the other day, she says she's not intending on anyone seeing down there anytime soon so there's no way she's shaving down there. She says that all the girls in her class shave down there, even the ones that aren't having sex. I asked her why and apparently it's just what they do...
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 2:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My daughters don't. I don't . I can't see why you would. Its too expensive. I won't do it myself. I had to get it all shaved when I had my first baby and I hated it. I don't get manicures,I don't get waxed. I figure if God made me that way, I should just stay that way. I would rather give the money I would spend on that to a Charity such as MS Society or Alzheimers' Fundation. Or something for starving Americans.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I started shaving at 14...I don't like hair...because of that my daughter (who is 2) will not ever see me with hair so it will probably rub off on her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My daughter we is 17 almost 18 does shave and wax her bikini area
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i started shaving down there when i was pretty young .. i really dont remember exactly how old I was id guess 14? Im pretty sure it started one summer when shaving bikini line & just went all out on it & decided from there I liked it better...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The lady who said that no one should be looking down there is completely right BUT..... when it comes to wearing a swim suit it becomes a grooming issue. Maybe you should talk to her about it. There are right and wrong ways to do it. She might get an infection if she does it wrong. Also applying deodorant like you do under your arms protects from razor burn. OUCH!!!
    lotsOkids371

Answer by lotsOkids371 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Times have changed so much,it used to be the more hair a girl had, the more she thought she was sexy and growing up,now, everybody want to cut their hair off,not me,just wait until you turn 50,the hair will disappear on it's own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Being "groomed" is one thing..shaving it all off is another. I groom that area but I dont shave it off..just too time consuming & I dont see the point! My daughter is 12 & just starting to shave her legs & arm pits. We've never discussed shaving other things but you know, I will advise her that other then keeping it trimmed up there is no need to shave it off. When do swim (not often) I just shave where it might be seen and trim down the rest. Nobody can tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my daughters 13 n no way but nobody sees it either..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009