Need some ideas for Halloween costumes.

Hey ladies, with all the decorations out, my kids have noticed that Halloween is around the corner. My 3 year old son wants to be a mummy king, I can make this cheaper than I can buy it. I have a 5 year old daughter who has been a chile pepper, vampire princess and a regular princess every year. I also have a 6 month old dd. I was needing costume ideas for the both of them. I prefer to make my costumes because of money issues. Thanks for any ideas.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 2:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• The boy could be the mummy king like he wants to be. The oldest girl could be a warewolf and the littlest could be a bat or spider.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If you still have them, you could use the older kids old costumes for the baby. I'd choose for the 5 yo based on what she likes - ask her what she wants to be and let her help with the costume.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 50's style poodle skirts would be cute for both girls unless you need them to match with your son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Well you can ask your 5 yr old what she wants to be... using that idea to piece the costume together even maybe using some of last yrs costumes...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• costumeexpress.com

They have some really cute inexpensive costumes there.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Mummy King will be easy, thin strips of white fabric cut with pinking shears so that threads are left hanging. I'd even go so far as tea staining them to give them an aged look. A poodle skirt is a cute idea, it can be made easily out of felt. Also, have your daughter wear a little cardigan or blouse with a Peter Pan collar, put her initial (cut from felt) on the shirt, just like Laverne on Laverne and Shirley. A ponytail and you are all set. Your 5 year-old could also be a gypsy, long flowing skirt, peasant blouse, head scarf tied on the side and lots of jewelry. I would check the resale shops for that stuff. The baby could be a kitten, black sweats or blanket sleeper, ears and tail made of felt and put onto one of those baby headbands. Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• This year my 4 yr old asked to be a lightening bug of all things, so I went online looking for ideas. It is simple and cute. Black sweats, turtle neck and then a pattern for cut out wings. Red stripe down the middle and underneath the wings you glue those glow sticks. It sounds so easy and cute, I can't wait.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2009