Early Labor?

Started noticing contractions around 5:30 this morn.
fairly consistent, so talked to two different nurses.
was planning to go in and they stared getting weaker, it seemed like. Now they aren't terribly consistent, but they ARE painful. Don't last terribly long. I have spotted some, too, since the contractions started. Any idea what's going on? I'm 37 weeks, 5 days, first pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You might be getting ready... This can happen in early/pre labor.
    Be sure you're hydrated.
    Try walking to see if it helps.
    You can expect things to go through "trial runs" for practice, it can be normal.
    When it's Time, things will continue to get more intense & more frequent.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• it's hard to say for sure but my guess would be early labor. if it were me, i would stay at home until i was absolutely sure, but that's just me because i would prefer to labor at home more than at the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If you are spotting you might be losing your mucus plug. I know it's TMI, but what does the spotting look like? Are you still having contractions? They might be Braxton-Hicks.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When it started it was red. Now some of the blood on my liner looks brown and some light pink and I have been having some contractions yet, but not as close as they were and not as consistent as at first. Are Braxton-Hicks usually painful?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If they arent long and are losing consistancy then I would say its not labor. Since you are weak, I am wondering if you are dehydrated
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009