baby tylenol.does it normally make them sleepy?

my 12 week old dd just began to teethe.last night i gave her baby tylenol cause she started crying and i couldnt calm her down.it seemed to be her teeth because she was drooling and gnawing on my shoulder.when she calmed down and fell asleep,she slept through the night woke up and had a bottle this morning and went back down for 2 and a half hours.and is napping again!does it normally make them sleep like that?

1sttimer01

Asked by 1sttimer01 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it does have a sedating effect. Nothing to worry about; just give your baby the correct dosage.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• along with PP, since it eases the pain, she will relax and get drowzy from the fussing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yeah the above posters are right. it soothes her pain and will finally let her fall asleep since her pain is gone. no worries
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It makes me dozy and sleepy, so why wouldn't it have the same affect on a small baby?

I don't take tylenol (specifically) because it makes me feel weird for days. Aspirin only makes me feel weird for a few hours, and I can't even swallow advil/motrin because the only time I took it I felt really strange for days -- zoomy, unable to pay attention, tired and listless. Not what I'm looking for when I have a headache.

Some people are much more sensitive to drugs than others.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009