Is my 6 year old full of himself or is this normal? lol

We're sitting at the playground and he's playing with some kids...all I hear him saying it, "I can do this, I can do that, my mom is having another boy, I'm going to be a big brother, me this, I that, my dad this, etc." . Lol.. I an cracking up!! He is always like this too...is he a bit too self absorbed? Or just confident and talkative?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• He sounds arrogant. I have noticed kids like this, and I don't mean to sound rude, but they usually sound like their parents. Maybe his dad talks like this. It is annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Normal,children that age don't realize that the world does'nt just revolve around them.And thats ok for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Mine is 5 almost 6 and is the same way, not in a rude way like the pp said. Just talking about what he know, things in HIS world. Which at this age is things about themselves and home, school, family and so forth. Plus, mine is an only child so he doesn't really have any one else to talk to or about. IMO it's normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• lol, my 5 yr old does that to, i think its hilarious!! they dont know any better. i also think its completely normal!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Some kids say everything that happens to pop into their heads. Eventually they absorb why that's not really socially acceptable, but it just means your lad is confident and engaged in his world.

Arrogant? That's a mental illness brought on by being criticized too much, particularly by strangers.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009