I'm thinking about switching my son from pullups to regular underware.

I'm hoping it will get him potty trained faster.So for the moms that did this,how long did it take your child to learn to use the potty?I'm just not looking forward to all the nasty accidents he's going to have.Plus i was wondering if it would still work with him having to wear pullups at his pre school from 8am to 2pm?They do work with him on potty training,but have not had any success with it.Having 2 children in diapers is just too expensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• if there is any way you can take a 3 day weekend look up the 3 day potty training method... pull ups are just glorified diapers and kids dont always get it... DS is 19 mos we did the 3 day and it worked... :-) Good Luck!!
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 1 week, lots of m&ms, sham wow for the messes...by day 5 she had it down...now 3 months later we are close to ditching the pullups at night. Send extra clothes to pre school and no more pullups during the day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• depedns on the child and how much time you have. I moved to panties on the weekends and after work for 2 weeks. I got 3 packs of the thick training pants and went through all of them! But then one day she went on her own and has been ever since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You can do it just have plenty of undies and use the pullups only at nite. YOu may be doing some washing but its better than spending $$$ on diapers every month
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 3:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Here's a tip for washing. Put a bucket of bleechy water (out of reach of child) but accessable and soak the undies for a few minutes to kill off the germs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• That's what we did. Once I switched her over completely (even at night) she was trained in days.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009