What do you do to boost your mood?

I'm a SAHM of a 9 month old boy. He is my world and I am so thankful to be able to stay home with him. But we only have one car, so I am home all day with him and nowhere to go. We live in the country so I can't go for walks. Lately I have been feeling really bummed. We just sit in the house all day. I get bored, I don't think my son is, hes always happy. Hes very content playing by himself, so most the time I just fine myself sitting there. What can I do to put myself in a better mood, or become for excited for the day for my son. I feel like I don't put enough effort into playing with him, but I want to. I'm always so tired, I have such a hard time sleeping, which I know has a lot to do with it. Any suggestions?? Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Living in the country is the PERFECT place to go for a walk! My son LOVED to get outside when he was that age (still does really!) It really is hard being a STUCK at home mom. I stay pretty busy right now with my two year old and one on the way and 5 acres to take care of. But i remember what it was like when we lived in an apartment and i had nothing to do but stare at a baby! Lol! And we've always had two vehicles, so i cant imagine what it would be like not being able to go anywhere. Is there any way you can take your husband to work a couple days a week so you can get out and do something during the day?

As for sleeping at night, exercise really helps. I know it sounds cliche, but it's true! Maybe get a jogging stroller and take the baby out once a day and get some fresh air! It really helps with being tired during the day too. Personally, sitting around doing nothing is tiring to me!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Our roads are really dangerous though. There are so many hills and sharp turns, and people drive crazy down the street, I'm always afraid we are gonna get hit. I've taken 3 or 4 walks, and it can get scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It sounds like were both on the same boat!!! that is exactly how I feel. I just try to do stuff like go walk( I live in an apt complex),play with my baby,we color together,she has her legos that she loves. We play dress up and I will put a lil of perfume on her or lipstain. Turn on the ps2 and let her "play".Look at books together or photos. Watch a cartoon together or take naps. She even helps me with the laundry(shell put clothes in the washer) I just try to think of stuff to do and include her
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 2:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009