Matter of Opinion

When did you, personally tell people you were pregnant? Do you wish you had waited longer or told people sooner?

xxluvya

Asked by xxluvya at 2:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We told everyone right away. Six weeks into my pregnancy. We were so excited we couldn't wait.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I waited about a month or so...in case I miscarried. I didnt want everyone to get happy for nothing
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 2:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I told people when I was 6 weeks along. That is when I found out. I had suffered a miscarriage three years before that, but that did not scare me into waiting to tell people. I was so excited I could not wait. I do not regret not waiting.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• With each of my kids was different timing. I remember telling people about my last pregnancy way too soon because I found out right away. That only made the pregnancy seem longer!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I told most people as soon as i found out. I dont regret it at all. I kind of wish i would have found a cute way to tell DH, but it's not that big of a deal!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My first two we told everyone right away. The next two the same but we lost both. This one, we waited until I was 12 weeks because we didn't want to jinx it, except for my parents and sister who we told right away!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 4-5 weeks with the first and 17 weeks with the second.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• For one reason or another everyone fgound out early. I wish we had been able to keep it quiet longer. I got sick of DH's family stikcing their nose in the entire pregnancy and asking tons of inappropriate questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We always shared the news right away.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I told the people closest to me the DAY I found out then everyone else gradually found out after that. The more important the sooner they knew lol.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 3:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009