Day of rest?

Some beliefs say that once per week you should not work. Do you have a day of rest in your beliefs/ or even non-beliefs. I know many consider Sunday the day of rest. Personally for me its not so much a day as it is a few hrs. But weekends are certainly as lazy as possible. Not only good for the soul but for the body as well. :)

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 3:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• HAHA, I wish I had a day of rest, between working full time and my 4 month old. If I get an HOUR to myself to take a bath, its a good day.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 3:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I grew up with Sunday being the day of rest. Only doing stuff regarding church. No play, no store runs(unless necessary), and all that jazz.

Nowadays, no day of rest per se in my beliefs but Sunday still tends to be that because its my DH's only day off. So we get to do family time then(or just veg in front of the tv and watch racing or movies LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• we do consider sunday our day of rest. we dont let the kids be involved in sport or other activities that make them play on sunday. since we do go to church, a lot of towns have games on sunday mornings, and it just doesnt work for our family. we live on a ranch, so our work is around us everywhere, the animals done understand the whole "keep the sabbath holy" thing. lol so we still live life, but we dont over book it. whatever we do, we do as a family.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• As a Chrisitan we have a sabbath day and it is saturday.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• As a different branch of Christianity here, my chosen day of observance for Corporate worship is Sunday. I do not observe the Sabbath nor do I have a set day of rest. I sometimes get to rest when my son takes a nap lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes, and I agree that not only do they serve my religious worship purposes, it really is a day of refreshment for me.

I remember in college deciding I wouldn't do homework on Sundays....and at first, I had no idea how I would make it work. But I found if I let it go on Sundays I was more recharged for the week, and able to get it done the other 6 days no problem.

Even if you have no religious creed asking for a day of rest, I totally recommend it for your own sanity.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I do take a day of rest, it is the same day that I go to worship services, on Sunday. As a day of rest, what I mean is, no heavy cleaning or work of any kind. Cooking and dishes are as normal, that is unavoidable for me. Sometimes laundry still has to be done on that day, but that's about it unless there is an accident of some type that needs attention! It has done wonders for me to devote the whole day to refreshment, spritual and physical as much as possible.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We try to make family time on Sundays when possible. Housework is as usual. We don't usually shop on Sundays unless we have to, just prefer to go to church and relax with the kids at home afterwards.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would prefer to do Sabbath, Friday at Sundown till Saturday at Sundown, and then worship with my fellow disciples on Sunday at our church...so basically, I'd take the 2 days "off". But it's not really "off", because I'm learning about God, praying, reading the Bible, teaching dd things of the Bible, ect. ....but dh works every other Saturday :(
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 2:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2009