Would this upset you???? Please read....

I asked my mother to go with my husband and I to Jacksonville Fl. for aweek. We have found a nice beach rental and this house has a 1800 sq. ft. pool and ocean front. Well the other day my grand-mother and great-aunt came over and my mother told them we will be taking her to the beach with us. My great aunt .... said so your taking her to be the baby sitter..... Now I'm having second thoughts on just my family going instead of my mother tagging along with us. I never use my my to be a sitter ever..... I'm a stay at home mom.... I don't need a sitter. What would you do?????

goldielock37

Asked by goldielock37 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• I wouldn't let that stop me for bringing my mom. There's alot of people who tag their moms on trips to be babysitters, every year my SIL brags,she 's going to the beach with her son and his family,and when she comes back,she tells me,oh,they went out for dinner,and they went strolling on the beach after dark,when,I asked her how she enjoyed it,she always say the same thing,oh,me and the kids stayed at the hotel.But,if,she don't care,who am I to interfere. If,you and your mom are happy,that's important. I think your aunt may have had that happen to her,and she was just watching out for her niece. Enjoy your trip and don't let it bother you,you know in your heart,you just wanting to show your mom a nice time. Have fun !!

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• damn! i would ignore her. or dont even bring that hag. it was rude to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• They are just jealous. I know many grandparents who go on vacation to be with the grandkids and even may help babysit a night or two so mom and dad can go out alone! Good grief. If your mom is looking forward to it, take her and have a GREAT time and if she wants to babysit one or two nights - take advantage of it and have a good time!!! Enjoy your family and let her enjoy them too. If your mom feels like that is all she will be, well then she can stay home.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would wonder what my mom thought about this. If she thought nothing about this then I would place no value on the little snippy remark your great aunt made. If you are just bringing your mom to enjoy her company, then do it and have a great time. Don't worry about what other people think.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would ask my mom if she thinks that is the reason we are bringing her. And if she think that is the reason. I would leave her at home and go with out her.

Answer by louise2 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would still bring her along. The hell with what anybody else says. If ur mom still wants to go, then take her. The rest of them are probably just jealous.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• take her anyway! Even if she thought that was the reason you were taking her, you and your husband would have been able to go out alone one night! Why would you want to leave her at home if this is what people thought? That is just punishing your mom. I would have responded to this aunt "No we are taking her so she can relax on the beach. She deserves a vacation!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i'd take her anyway if she willing to be a baby sitter then fine let her but i'm sure she has her on mind and she doesn't need ur aunt to use it
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Ewwee my mom and stepdad both come along....my brother transfered schools to the district his mom is in. So they just sit at home anyway...why not bring em. It's more fun with two scary tall guys.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009