to all the SAHM's!!!! HOW DO YOU DO IT!!!!

i just got married about 5 months ago, and my husband works all day, frm 10am to 230am with bout a 2hr break in between jobs. I just finishd college so looking for a job. my DD is 2 and very hyper. its fun sometimes because I get to spend more time with her, becuz wen I was in skool I worked 2 jobs and went full time(this is b4the hubby). Now im home all day and its about to drive me crazy. I find myself getting sad for no reason, other than boredom, I get upset with my hubby when he comes home for 20mins then leave again(i dont show it, i kno he has to work). I am used to going shopping with my DD often for toys etc. but since my hubby is the only one working I stopped that. Dont get me wrong Im grateful to have him work to support his family...I just want to kno how do other SAHM adapt to this once you have had a job and money? (I moved to his city when we got married, my internship was here so had to quit my jobs). HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP: I am in the house all day becuz the hubby car broke down, so her drives my car to work, which makes being a SAHM even worse!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I just try to keep me and my daughter busy...but I do admit i go a lil nuts
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 3:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• find activities to do with your DD. I go to hobby lobby and buy finger paint, craft kits and all kinds of things. When we arent outside playing, we are doing crafts or playing educational games inside.
    also, do you have any hobbies? I love to read and a lot of times I will read while my DD is napping. I know what you mean about getting bored though, I am dreading winter because we are stuck in the house more and I hate being inside all the time, I guess I will have to find more hobbies!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i keep my sanity by going to the library playgroups for my son's age, and I have met a couple of cool moms, close to my age, and their baby's are close to my son's age. we meet for playdates or just to hang out...this is exactly what i've needed! when my son was first born, I was so lonely! i lost all my friends when I got preggo. I wasn't "cool" anymore.and even though i'm not too fond of "my role in the kitchen" while SO "makes the money", that's just..how it is at our home. But it's only fair IMO. I cant just sit around all day, eating bon bons and watching Oprah lol it feels good having a clean home and I get to do it MY way =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• its hard! i often get tired of it..but then agian i feel blessed to have a hubby that works so i can be here with the house and baby. i too have no car right now..only one right now..so i take walks..gettingout of the house is a real life saver for both me and the 2 year old! lol and i think of new things to do each day with her..make it fun for her so ill have more fun during the day. aslo my husband works from home so i usaully do half of his work..so i feel "even" and vice versa. so 50/50 has really helped me on the feeling sad part. good luck
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I did great when dh was home, b/c he appreciated everything I did, and that was enough for me. but when he deployed I made it six months before finally breaking down in hysterics one night because I was so tired, and lonely, and hadn't had a break since he left(new town, no friends, ie no babysitter! LOL 24/7 with a child is hazardous to mental health)
    Eventually i found a GREAT preschool that is a home school setting, and dd goes three time a week. I get a break, have time to myself, and made a bunch of new friends!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I love spending time with my child. I feel its important to be with your child during the toddler ages. It bothers me to see parents who have children and leave them at daycare all day. Speaking from being a daycare owner I have alot of parents who make good income but want the daycare provider to do all the hard work for them just so they can ship the kid off to school when he/she is old enough. By HARD WORK I mean breaking them from bottles, pacifiers, diapers and slippy cups. Just enjoy the time with your child in the long run yalls bond will be unbreakable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I stayed home for 2yrs. and a month before entering the work force. I went to work as table games supervisor for Hard Rock casino in Biloxi. I had to resign after working there for 13 months. I'm still hurt ... It was the best job I ever had. My husband job is tuff due to travel. When I worked swing shift it was hard to find anyone to sit for you. I have been home almost a yr. again. I thought staying home would be a luxury... I was wrong! I work harder than ever to keep my son busy and I clean all the time. I think my clothes are having more sex than me... LOL.... Being a SAHM is the hardest job ever. Duties are never done nor do I have my time. I just try not let my son rule the house. I have a pool and I take him to the parks and make play dates. I even take my son out to lunch once a week and it's not fast food either. We have this new puppy and I hope this will give me more time to do things around the house.... LOL....
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I found myself thinking today about how hard it is to keep up with everything in the house as it is. I never get everything done, and my husband is very little help because he works so much. I seriously can't ask him to do the dishes when he works from 6:30am to 9pm. I think working moms have it hard if they don't have help at home too.

As far as what we do, we have two cars, so we go places a lot. We window shop and shop for bargains a lot too. And if DH needs to use my car for whatever reason, I take him and drop him off and pick him up. We also play outside every day that we can. We have a sandbox and a playhouse. They can keep my two busy for hours!
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009