Allergic to the dog?

We got a puppy for our toddler two weeks ago and are now worried he might be allergic to her. My son has food allergies and went through numerous allergy tests and we were told by the specialist that he was allergic to cats, but dogs would be fine. He hasn't had any problems with the puppy until the last few days. He has been getting a slight rash whenever the dog licks him but is fine petting her. Has anyone heard of being allergic to an animal's saliva but not their dander?

Rachael420

Asked by Rachael420 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pets

• if your child has allergies and sensitive to allergies period.. should NOT have gotten a damned dog to start and yes your LO is allergic to the dog so now another shelter dog thanks lady
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• well for one..the dog licks its a$$ and god knows where the tongue has been. dont let the dog lick your child !! hope that helps!
    Anonymous

• hahaha.... my kids are allergic to pets...but maybe i can get a bird oh damn! my kid is itching, you think my kid is allergic to the tweet? hahahahaha...common sence people!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Man people really grow a set of brass ones when they hit the anon button huh? Such assholes.

My son has FAs too and is also allergic to cats. Which, for the total idiots out there, does NOT mean he is allergic to anything other than cats. You don't get a "pet" allergy, dipshits. You get an allergy to specific animals.

Honestly, I would just call and get a quick prick test for dogs before deciding anything. I'm not sure if your son's on daily meds but some low grade allergies can be taken care of with just a zyrtec.

deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree wiht the PP (the nice one) :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009