taking time for yourself, does it make you a better mother and wife?

i have been trying to explain this to my husband......i desperatly need time for me....having my hair done or just an hour of alone time......
ladies please explain what you do for you and how it helps you be a better mother and wife

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• oh i agree 100% because when ive had time to rewind im much calmer when mommy is happy everyone is happy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ask your husband to watch the kid(s) for a while; while you go get a facial or do some shopping for yourself...every man I know knows that a woman needs her space just like a man does. I did something the other day for myself that I have never done. I went an got a manicure. So, yes, doing things for yourself reduces stress and makes you a GREAT mom. So, sit your husband down and talk to him. Communicate to him your needs. I'm sure he will understand.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i totally agree it does... just an hour a day does... taking time for your self makes you feel better and puts you in a better mood so you can be a mother and wife...
    and it does give daddy and baby time also.
    Roxiannamomma

Answer by Roxiannamomma at 3:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• if mama aint happy, aint nobody happy!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't say doing anything as certain way is a universal "better" thing to do in general.

I personally feel like a better mother and wife when I'm spending one on one time with my husband and my kid. I take my "me" time when she's napping or asleep for the night. That is what works for me.

But what does make EVERYONE a better mother and wife, is knowing their limitations. And if you feel that you're getting to the end of your stress rope you HAVE to do something to reign that in or you cannot be a productive member of your family.

Even if it's just an extra long hot shower, you need to do something to make you feel more complete.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 8:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• exactalacky what pookipoo said.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• For my b-day last month I asked my dh for a night off. I rented a room in a beautiful loval hotel, brought all my girly lotion and stuff and chilled. Oh, and the cool part was that I arranged for the kids to go somewhere for a couple hours and hubby came to the hotel to "service" me..... :) I cam home such a happier mommy and wife!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Absolutely! You are not a machine or a robot, you are a human being and need some time to unwind too. Does your husband get time to himself after work? If he does why shouldn't you get some too? Share with him how you feel, tel him you need a little time to relax, even if it just means being able to take a bath without someone barging in on you.
    Your husband gets to come home after work. You wake up at work and live at work 24/7. Everyone needs a few minutes to him/herself.
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 4:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2009