So let me get this straight, those of you that support the Kennedy Health Care Reform bill don't understand that those of us that don't support it are still in favor of another brand of reform?

What is it that you all can't comprehend? Just because there is a health care reform bill out there, it doesn't mean that it is a good bill. With the vague language and control it gives government, doesn't it concern you in the least that this bill leave your health in the hands of government officials? You know, the same ones that are caught cheating on their taxes, cheating on their wives, stealing campaign funds for personal entertainment? Really, and you want them to have the power to approve or deny you care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, grlygrlz2, people don't realize that the gov't wants to use us to make them money. By limiting our health care choices, they will become THE insurance company and make the decision as to what we will receive, as far as everything! The cheaper the better, we pay the same amount no matter what, the cheap co. saves the gov't money, which of course means more profit for the gov't. Doctors will also be on the gov't payroll, none of us will have any choices and we will get what they want us to have, mind you, none of the politicians would give up their health care, which we pay for! But we are supposed to conform and just take whatever they want to push on us...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OMG you have convinced me to see the light. I am crossing over. I no longer believe in this health care reform bill. OP, I am with you. (major sarcasm).

Seriously. Some will agree with the proposed bill, some wont. Thats life. Get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• she doesn't have to "get over it"...this for now is still a free Country and we can question!!! If all anyone ever did was "get over it" where in the heck would we be.

OP I have to agree with you 100%. People take it as a personal attack against their POTUS if we are not in agreement with this bill. How about lets put together a comprehensive one that is nothing but the facts? Something that everyone or at least the majority can agree on?

I don't think honesty and transparentcy are too much to ask for.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am gonna say what they did.
    They are only for this bill cause Obama said it's good. They don't wanna hear anything the GOP has to say. That is why they are appointing a dem in Kennedy's seat because they just lost their 60th chair. But none of them care, they just want to ram this bill down our throats and not even in the slightest bit consider the GOP's plan. Nope, they have their faces deep in the obamanaid and their hands over their ears. They will be so sorry if this bill does go through, they will be kicking them selves harder then I did when Bush acted stupid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I've been at work and not listening to the news, but The Kennedy Health Care Bill? What did I say, what did I say? I knew they would name it after him and make the Congress feel obligated to vote for it in honor of him.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Anon, I don't want you on my side. You sound angry and bitter. I want real reformists that want what is best for the people, letting them decide what is best for themselves, and the freedom to choose what is best for them.

That's cool that you want government to control your health care, it's just not what I want for my family. I can think for myself and decide for myself what is in the best interest of my family.

I don't really care for politicians to to delegate out the job of telling the public what it must pay for, how much they must pay for it, and what it will cover (after all, you rarely get what you pay for in health care).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• One of the potentially frightening – and little understood – concerns about the House health care takeover bill is the unprecedented power given to a new federal bureaucrat, the “Health Choices Commissioner.”
    “The American people want two things from health care reform: lower costs and more choices. Yet Democrats have done exactly the opposite, coming up with a bill that actually raises costs – increasing the deficit by $240 billion – and letting a new federal bureaucrat make health care decisions that should be left to patients and their doctors. President Obama should make it clear he doesn’t support this ill-conceived legislation, and work with Republicans to craft a bipartisan bill that accomplishes the American peoples’ goals.” - John Boehner
    The bill gives unchecked power to a new “Health Choices Commissioner” who will be so powerful that the title is mentioned 182 times.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I hear supporters of the health care bill say all the time that Republicans had 8 years to do something with health care and now their time is up.

Are you all serious?  So you are willing to ignore more than half of the voting population to pass a bad agenda that does nothing for the people and only gives handouts to big Pharma and Medical and gives you no other options than to go with a public demand (let's not pretend it's really an option)?  Wow, and then you speak of how short sighted the conservatives in our nation are? 

I <3 Irony!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Pages 84-87; Section 203 - Decide which treatments patients could receive and at what cost.
    Page 42; Section 142(a)(1) - Decide which private plans would be allowed to participate in the Exchange.
    Page 40; Section 134 - Regulate all insurance plans, both in and out of the Exchange.
    Page 82; Section 202(f) - Determine how many and which Americans will be allowed to choose health coverage through the Exchange.
    Page 90; Section 204(b) - Decide which physicians and hospitals participate in the government-run plan and in private plan provider networks.
    Page 111-115; Section 208 - Determine which states are allowed to operate their own Exchange, and also may terminate a previously-approved State Exchange at any time.
    Page 87; Section 203(d) - Override state laws regarding covered health benefits.
    link:
    http://republicanleader.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=143154
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh Waldorf, you know they don't concern themselves with actual facts. They get so overcome with emotion when thinking about their free health care they fail to see that there is a hefty price tag and that the actual reform they are making such an emergency doesn't even kick in until 2013. I suppose that was smart of them though. They certainly wouldn't want any real negative reactions to fuel the loss of support during an election year.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009