what do i take in my overnight bag for the hospital?

babygoins09

Asked by babygoins09 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• panties bra shirts pants or shorts deoderant perfume if u want. brush or comb shampoo and contioner pen paper razors gun for safety (jk) well petty much clothes and hygene products!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• toiletries,camera,baby book, make up. clothes for leaving the hospital for you and the baby. books magazines to pass the time. if you plan on no epidural then something to use as a focal point.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I took a change of clothes for me. Like sweat pants, socks, 1 pair of undies(they will probably provide you with the mesh kind at the hosp.) you might want to bring a couple pair of not so good undies---dut to the bleeding. Comfortalbe shirs (2) PJ's, a robe, slippers, warm socks. toothbrush, brushes. good smelling lotions.
    For the baby i brought a couple of onsies, a going home outfit, a swadler, an outfit for pictures(only if you want). I can't thing of anything else. Hope this helps a little.
    The hosp where i deliverd all 3 of my boys provided diapers, wipes, themometer, and other baby necessites.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Loose fitting, comfy clothes for after the delivery. Your own pads ( hospital will probably provide them but it can never hurt ), an old pj set or old nightgown that you don't mind ruining because after childbirth is pretty bloody unless you want to keep wearing the hospital gown, which i did ), lots of deodorant, clean washcloths ( for your partner to wet and cool you off with during labor and after ), camera, cell phone ( or phone card ), baby book, some DVDs or music to keep on while in labor ( relaxing music is great ), a Boppy pillow ( if you have one ), some witch hazel pads if you have stitches, body lotion ( mild ), your own shampoo and conditioner and soap ( or body wash ), toothbrush, hairbrush, etc. Something to tie your hair up in so your neck won't get sweaty, comfy socks/booties... and for baby, weather-appropriate take-home outfit and up to three other outfits depending on how long your hospital stay is(cont
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• For you- Comfy pjs, socks, slippers, hair scrunchies/clips, comfort items PADS!! For baby- Take home outfit (weather appropriate ofcourse), couple new born AND size 1 diapers (never know what size they will fit) formula is planning to FF, bottle, binky For dad or gma (who ever will be there) snacks, swimsuit, change of clothes, change for vending machians, blanket. Thats what we took.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 3:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• a couple of receiving blankets, diaper changing necessities, nursing bra ( if needed )...and make sure your baby has a secure carseat and not too much clutter in the backseat of your car!!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• all the above posters about said it but take a big towel they give you such small towels n something to suck on like mints..
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You can google this and get complete lists all over the internet.

But one thing that is NEVER on one of those lists that I have ready and waiting for my trip to the hospital is SOFT toilet paper!!!! I don't know what they're thinking up there in the LDU, but the coarsest, most uncomfortable TP possible is just NOT practical after having a baby!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• They will probably offer this to you in the hospital, but don't take any chances because you don't want to go through what I had to go through. Take COLACE with you. You don't want to forget that. Pooping after having a baby, especially if you have stitches, is usually very difficult. I didn't know about colace and my hospital didn't offer it to me. I had three episiotomy stitches and I couldn't make a BM for eight days. When I finally did, it took over an hour and a half and it HURT. You'll want colace. Start taking it after your baby is born, and keeping taking it for about a week.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009