suggestions please

My little girl won't be twelve till october 17th and she walks away when I talk to her I really can't get the argumentative attitude she has in her. She doesnt like when people make fun of her so she gets this I'm gonna beat them up attitude. I threatened her yesterday with a place I can take her to where they lock kids up and take away thier shoes and things,I', really bummed out with her and the husband thinks counseling wouldnt help. I really need help ladies what WILL work with her before I run into anymore trouble.. Another incident that occured at school today was a shirt that says sexy on it and dd for double d bras,the school said it wasnt appropriate so I had to go give her a change of clothes, she said she was gonna wear it to school anyways I told her I would burn it before that happened. I couldnt take the shirt back and replace it cause the tag got ripped. But the point is my daughter talks back, Help Please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• put her in boot camp. that should help. i would try counseling first though. remember being 14? i know i was a horror. i know she's only 11 but kids are growing up faster than we did. does she have rules and punishments? take everything away from her the next time she walks away. i'm talking cell phone, radio, t.v., computer (unless it's for school and you are right there in the same room while she's doing it.) how does she make it to school without you seeing what she's wearing anyway? oh she probably changed into it at school, nevermind. my dad would've ripped me 5 new ones for wearing a shirt like that!!!
    larissacst

Answer by larissacst at 3:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• She's being a typical adolescent. Pick your battles. When you want her to listen you have to get your point across quickly before she walks away. Don't spend time rambling with threats. Simply tell her there are consequences to her actions and she has to deal with them. Assaut & battery leads to time in detention (not a great place). If she is ok with that then it's her choice to beat ppl up. Not a good choice but it's her's. There is a great book called Reviving Ophelia about what girls go through at that age.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Throw the trashy shirt away! Wasting a few dollars is better than wasting your dd's life. My son tried to walk away from me once & I wrestled his butt to the ground & spanked him. Then I told him no matter how big he gets he will never talk to me like that & get away with it even if I have to have somebody else hold him down for me so I can beat his butt. He never did it again. He knows he is loved very much & he was pushing to see how far he could go. When I warned him not to go further & he didn't listen, he found out that he crossed too far & that mom sticks to her word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2009