My ear hurts really bad!

I think I have ear wax buildup or an ear infection. I have some left over amoxicillian that my DH didn't take when he was sick that I have been taken. I read online that its ok to put a few drops of hydrogen perxoide in my ear but haven't tried that yet. For those that have had severe ear pain, what did you do to make it feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Health

• if its an ear infection they clear up on their own you dont NEED anti biotics for it. and the peroxide works. just do a couple drops you dont want to put too much in it might make it worse. but again, you do NOT NEED anti biotics for an ear infection. they can and do clear up on their own. tylenol, advil, motrin whatever you like for the pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• hydrogen peroxide works great. i've used it. Also, go to your local health food store and buy a few ear candles. Then have your SO/DH or sister or whomever help you use them.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• the peroxide will help clean out your ear, jsut don't use a lot as it can dry out your ear too. I'm not sure why the first poster is so gun ho about no antibiotics. It really depends on the type of infection. Have you been in the water recently? It could be swimmers ear whcih there are drops for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009