Problem with weight gain

I'm 5 months pregnant and I'm having trouble gaining weight.I lost 7 pounds and only gained 1 pound. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to gain a little? Thanks

Mommy2B110

Asked by Mommy2B110 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was there too with my DD. I didnt gain a single pound untell almost 35 weeks and that was after they had to put me on a high fat and sugar diet. Which made no sence cause everything they told me to eat I was already eatting lol. My advice, like they told me, go with the "eating for 2" thing and take it as far as possible lmao! DOnt be afraid to order those 2 or 3 extra burgers and that supersize milk shack and fries.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 3:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• weight gain doesnt matter... I didnt gain a single pound with either of my kids (9 pounds under when I delivered the first one and 11 pounds under with the second one) and they were born just fine. Dont worry about your weight... it really doesnt mean anything. And now is when you would typically start gaining so dont worry about what has happened before now.

As for the above posters "eating for 2" comment... I disagree with it. A pregnant lady only needs 300 extra calories a day so thats not even 25% more! Dont take it too far or you will gain too much
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No, dont eat for 2, pp is correct a pregnant mom only needs 300 each calories a day, that is about a 1/2 a PB & J sandwich with a glass of milk. I didnt gain any weight with my 3rd, I tried, quit work, and still couldnt gain. He was happy and healthy.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my daughter I had the same problem. I would eat ice cream every night..sure enough I started to gain.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 5 months isn't far enough to really have to have gained any weight. i'm sure in the 6-7th month you'll see a couple more points.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Youll eventually gain the weight,just eat healthy and dont over do it.Do not eat for 2. I learned that i gained 35 lbs with my son and I had alot of strechmarks and extra weight after ward. With my daughter I only gained 12 but I ate when I felt hungry and ate healthy
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 5:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009