What do you think of these two companies?

Does anyone have Allstate or Liberty Mutual car insurance? We are looking to make a change. Obviously for financial reasons. But are either of these two good (or bad) when it comes time to make a claim?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 3:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Shopping

• We have allstate. We have never had a problem with them. At all.

Answer by louise2 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We also use Allstate...with no problems.
    YellowandPink

Answer by YellowandPink at 10:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I recently switched to progressive, for cost reasons and we havent made a claim (knock on wood) yet. we had Allstate and i liked it, and they are very good about making a claim. They don't usually "assess the damage".
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have Geico. They split our bill in half! And haven't had any problems with them.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have Allstate, and although I haven't had to make a claim with them, we did deal with them twice when my husband was in two accidents (both times the other driver's fault). What's funny is that both times, the other driver had Progressive, and since it was their fault, Progressive paid. I loved dealing with them. Allstate started the claims with Progressive, but we were on our own from there on. I was planning to switch to Progressive after the fantastic experiences I had with them, but when I told my Allstate agent I planned to drop them and switch, he cut our premiums by almost half to keep us.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've heard that Allstate is quite expensive, like Farmers and State Farm. We had Farmers for 13 years, switched to Safeco and it cut the monthly payment by over $50. No problems with a claim either, I hit a parked car a copule years back and the car was in th shop within 2 days and fixed with no problems.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 5:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• allstate is great.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We have had Geico for nearly 10 years now. Very affordable, very helpful, and no troubles so far.
    Leaheleven

Answer by Leaheleven at 10:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have Liberty Mutual for car ins. I pay 119.80 for one car every month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• State farm here. No problems at all withthem. But if you have an accident they up the premiums for 3 years.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2009