Recovering from a stomach bug?

My whole family has had a stomach bug going around. I don't think its the actual stomach flu because it hasn't been lasting long and there hasn't really been a fever associated with it. Anyway..I was sick all day Sat with a stomach ache, bad nausea (never actually threw up), and now I have diarrhea but my stomach is a bit better. Everyone else in the family seemed to get better quicker than I did. My youngest son was throwing up and even he's better already. How long does it take for your stomach to completely get back to normal after that? I'm just wondering because even though I'm much better, my stomach still hurts a little and I'm not able to eat a whole lot yet and I came down with it on Sat so its been 4 days already and I'm fine otherwise. I'm having to eat very small, light meals or my stomach begins to hurt and feel a bit queasy again.

Kaybean

Asked by Kaybean at 3:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Health

• normally a stomach flu will last about a week. you may or may not have a fevor and you will feel sick to your stomach for the length of 4 to 6 days. If you think it's something else, please go see a doctor. My cousin is pregnant and she has the stomach flu now. School has started and with that comes all the ugliness of stomach flu's and colds and such...hope you feel better soon....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Sometimes after a stomach bug, my stomach hurts until I eat something salty. Usually some broth or noodle soup really helps. A friend said that she drank tomato juice and that the acid helped, to her surprise. Also, eat some yogurt with active cultures to help replace some of what was lost when you were sick.

Answer by Bmat at 4:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• that sounds like food poisoning

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009