What do I do with my biting baby?

I breastfeed and I have always nursed my baby to sleep. Now at ten months and with a mouth full of teeth, biting is his way of fighting sleep. It's not just a little nip, he bites hard and pulls his head back and it has me considering formula, but what can I do to get him to sleep without nursing. I have tried rocking, going for rides in the car, gentle singing...nothing seems to work. Need some input please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why dont you pump your milk?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have tried and tried. All kinds of pumps and hand expessing, nothing has worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I had a simular problem with my daughter. When she would bite, on my boobie or someone else, I would give her a slight pinch on the fatty part of her leg, so when she bit, she would feel her little bug bite on her leg and associate, "Mmmm, I bit down and then felt a discomfort here." It wasn't hard or anything, just enough to let her know that Mommy must not like when I chomp into her chest :)
    Mrs.Phillips007

Answer by Mrs.Phillips007 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 10mo old is when i started putting my boys in their cribs to go to sleep on their own. I gues i just lucked out with 2 of them, the third i broke down and used a pacifier to put him to sleep with. The first 2 never used them, but i was desperate with my 3rd. Whom i've spoiled and i know it! I don't know if the paci is an option for you or not. i know it's just one more "crutch" to have to break. Best of luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• if he bites you tell him firmly "no biting, that hurts mommy." and take him off the breast. then a while later start back again. he'll learn that biting is not allowed and hell be taken off of the breast.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009