Are you a fan of Robin Hood?

I'm a lifelong diehard Robin Hood fan. I can't wait for the new movie that's coming out soon.

What's your opinion of the legend? Do you think it's just a myth, or is some of it based on fact?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• your questions made me laugh so hard...Tears, hiccups, red face..you get the drift. Why? B/c I have had the merry men tune stuck in my head today. Neways...Lover that movie. I think it's just a myth.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 4:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Most myths have some fact. I don't know if this particular one has any or not. I've never researched it. Personally I like Kevin Costners Robin Hood the best.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I know so many people that hate Kevin Costner's version! I love it too, I remember watching it when I was really young. BBCA made a series out of the story, it was frickin amazing. I had to watch the first season on YT cuz I didn't have the channel at that time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Robin Hood prolly has some truth to it. have y'all ever read the book or collection of stories? i borrowed it from the library once, its AWESOME! i think i like the book better than the movies.

Men in Tights is my fav version tho haha...i love a good comedy.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh Im sure its based on facts.

Love the legend. I loved the Kevin Costner version.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Cait, I knew I loved you for a reason....(in that plutonic not creepy way)
    HAHAHA, I too am a die hard Robin Hood fan. I love the series on BBCA. (not going to lie have a bit of a crush on Guy of Gisborne)
    I was with a performance group that did live action sword fights at festivals, our script was Robin Hood based. I am even writing a screenplay version of the story myself.

I think there is some truth to it, however with him being what he was, its not likely we will ever REALLY know, my theory is it was more than one man but he was more of a generalization for those that stood up against corrupt government politics, and such. Ok, getting off my Robin Hood babble box right now.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The legend of Robin Hood may be based on the story of one of my ancestors, Fulk Fitzwaryn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulk_FitzWaryn

So, it's always held a special place in my heart.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I love the legend of Robin Hood.  There might be some small measure of truth to it but I'm sure the legend bears little resemblance to the actual true story.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It is a myth heavily influenced by history & possibly slightly influenced by several different real-life figures. Though the vast majority of the thievesin the forest at the time were anything but heroes. Some might have been what we would now call guerrilla or freedom fighters, but that meant their aims would have been largely political & not terribly altruistic.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I love the story of Robin Hood. And actually someone in elementary school did a report on him and concluded that the story is most likely true except that chances are he was caught and died in prison and never did get to marry the Princess.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009