can my down syndrome daughter still qualify for beauty contests?

im afraid they will reject her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• anon 4:41 how can u even say that u never seen her daughter before for all u know she could be very beautiful. to me beauty contest are overated because they don't show the girls true beauty its fun to dress them up but in the end its all very shallow. but they can't tell u no just because she handicapped. just make sure to make the experirence fun and exciting. i entered my daughter in one andshe was runner up but she didn't care about winning cause i didn't preesure her like so many of the other moms were doing
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i dont see whay not. beauty is beauty if she is beautifl then i dont think that she wouldnt be able too!!!
    Roxiannamomma

Answer by Roxiannamomma at 4:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am sure she could be in a beauty contest but personally I am not in favor of beauty contests at all. My girls were not in them--the played sports and had other things to do that did not depend on how they looked. Thy are very pretty but that is not so important,I don't think. Just how I feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Your DD would mostly likely win with her natural beauty and talent,because the way those mothers have their little girls made up,you can't even see their true beauty. Last year at my DD cheer-leading composition,another team had a down syndrome girl on their team,this child uniform and hair looked better than all her teammates,not only that, you can tell she tried harder than everyone else,instead of making her do the routine,she was the pompom person,she walked and danced and shook her pompom,until every body in the arena was standing,we wasn't standing feeling sorry for her,we were standing and clapping,because she shown everybody else how to be a cheerleader.That's what your DD will do,she will should them what true beauty is. Good luck to you and your DD,let her be a part of anything she want.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Could try entering , but they might just move her on in the contest to not bring on any issues , i doubt she would win though. Because if she does that would upset the other parents , because they'd be doing it just to make you and her feel good. The true winner wouldnt win.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• symle456 -- my daughter has been in 5 contests already , before that i went w/ my sister and her daughter to do them. 2 contests my daughter was in the down syndrome girl kept placing but in 4th (why because 1st thru 3rd got their pics taken for the programs and things and got recognized...) 1 contest i went to w/ my sister the mom of a ds girl threw a fit bc she 'should have' won ... in my opinion she shouldnt have. I see these contests and see these girls place because they dont want anything brought against them and no drama , so they place but very very low
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• "The true winner wouldn't win".

Wow...what a cruel thing to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• why not? I would just check out their entry qualifications first. But there's no reason why she couldn't/shouldn't if she wants to. There are some good people out there that don't "see" beauty as being perfect skin, hair, dimentions. Some of us see beauty by the way a child smiles & their eyes light up:)
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Personally, I think beauty pagents for children should be banned. All it is is parents living through their kids. It is teaching kids that beauty is most important and it isn't, what is important is what is inside.

Saying that, I don't see why she can't enter but I wouldn't count on her being accepted. BTW, I know some gorgoeous children with Down's Syndrome.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Whether or not she wins isn't an issue. I think you should enter her for the fun of it. Because I believe everybody has their own beauty whether physical or inside. If the contestant people are too snobby to believe she can be a part of their world, I would raise hell. Just make sure you make it fun and don't put any pressure on her.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2009