Do any of you stay at home moms volunteer?

If so, what kind of volunteer work do you do. Just curious.

lovemydivas

Asked by lovemydivas at 4:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• When I was a SAHM I volunteered at the church, for scouts, and at the libraries in my children's schools.

Answer by Bmat at 4:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I donate my time to the local animal shelter (2-3 times a week)
    And I also do story time at the library once a week
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 4:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I volunteered as a teenager, I worked my @ss off, I loved my job duties but I need the money not just to work. I'm going back to work as soon as I can after baby #2! I will def. volunteer again when my daughter's are older, they can go volunteer too!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Right now my kids are still young and require a lot of time so I foster for a rescue group in my home. Once they are both in school I can't wait to start volunteering at the animal shelter and a horse rescue.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am in the same situation as Carajust, my 3 boys are still young. I have 3 boys 4 and under and one has Down Syndrome so he requires even more of my time. I would love to volunteer at someplace to help out with Special Needs children though. I would do that. Maybe like the Special Olympics or at the Down Syndrome center where we live.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Volunteer? While I'd like to do that SOMEDAY, I don't have the time for it right now. I have 3 kids, another one on the way and a husband that works 72 hours a week. I don't have time to volunteer or anyone to watch my children while I do so.

I do lead a class for the local homeschool group.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I volunteer at the local thrift store run to raise money for the local hospital to buy new updated items.
    I also work the concessions at both my daughter's basketball and volleyball games.
    When my 4 yr old goes to school I will be a classroom parent
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yep, right now i am vice president of the Macon Cemetery Preservation Corp. We are working to preserve the small abandoned cemeteries of Macon. It is a lot of hard work cutting brush and vines that are older than me. It is worth it to let some of those gravesstones see daylight for the first time in decades. We have one stone  that a tree has grown half way around it

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I used to volunteer at the local crisis pregnancy center, but I got fed up with the girls who kept spitting out babies and never wanted to do anything to improve their lives. We do a chapel service at the homelesss shelter twice a month as a family, I play the piano and my husband preaches and my kids pass out songbooks. Does that count? I homeschool so I really don't have time for volunteer work.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would like to volunteer more but I have younger children and they need me right now. I am dying to be homeroom mom one day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009