Are my parents being fair to their children?

My mom and dad have always had a better relationship with my younger sister and given her whatever she wants. I'm the step daughter and she is my dads blood child. I have always been the black sheep. From them telling her daily they love her to me never hearing it or getting a hug when I leave to go to my own apartment. They call her daily and never call me. I'm also never invited to most family dinners or outings. My dad sold me his old car for $1000 more than he told me 6 months earlier. He also told me it is in excellent working cond. and he would never sell me a car that had problems, 2 weeks after buying car I just had to put $900 into it. Keep in mind I'm very poor My dad would not pay the repairs or any portion of it. for some reason he told me that he is giving my sister and her live in boyfriend $10,ooo to buy a house now. I was so broke I had to borrow $100 for car and I have to pay him back in 3 days. Is this right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• No this is not right! And I'm sure if you try to talk to them they tell you you're being immature, or they deny it, (I'm an only child just very understanding) But I'd sit down with him and mom and let them know how things they do have always affected you and that you deserver their respect and if you don't get it then you don't really need them. Your working your tail off and becoming a stronger more independent person, it will pay off in the end.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No. It's not right, and I've been on the better side of a situation like that. But my sister and I are completely different....maturity and responsibility wise so that is the main reason for that. Even being on the better side, it's still not right. But I don't think there is much you can do except talk to him and maybe your mom. Find out the truth of why he is like this.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No it's not and shame on him and your mom for doing that

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Shame on them!!! Why are parents like that...mine are that way and Im the only that never asks for anything and I live 7hrs away...But you know what it will make you stronger and teach you not to be that way with you  own children

Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 4:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am going to be the unpopular answerer here. Your parents don't have to give either of you anything! It's not her business what they do for you and vice versa. You are a grown woman and need to find other ways to support yourself. It's not their job. If you can grasp this and not be offended you may find your solution in it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• #1 NEVER EVER BUY A CAR FROM A FAMILY MEMBER it rarely ends well
    #2 your parents dont owe you anything
    #3 SHAME on THEM for not telling you your amazing and they love you EVERYDAY
    #4 be proud of yourself for getting to where you are rich or poor without them, my parents do the same kind of stuff to me I have lowered my expectations down to next to nothing adn rarely am I disappointed because of it
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It's sad when parents do this and so wrong. I think parents should try to be as fair as possible. Even if one needs help, put the same money up for the other family for good reasons. Some parents just don't see it and bringing it up only makes them resent you more.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009