• In the Spotlight:

My husbands hair is thinning - any suggestions for good hair thickening shampoo for men that doesn't cost a fortune?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• we have tried it all...every brand we found on a shelf...my poor husband was 23 when he started going bald...nothing we found works...in my eyes its nothing more than a rip off.....instead now he embraces his semi baldness by shaving his entire head... i think he looks better that way....lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I heard that horse shampoo is good.Im sorry I do not remember the name but i believe you can find it at either wal-mart,Dollar General or Family Dollar. That is what my MIL uses .
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 4:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• how about Rogaine? he should ask his doctor if thats right for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My husband is 23 and when he was overseas he used Rogaine the foam kind, when he came back his hair looked great, it was full and sexy. Well he stopped using it when he came home and he started to thin again, so I bought him the Rogaine again but the liquid kind, that horrible stuff made his hair fall out and his scalp peel, it was so bad the amount of skin and hair that came out. Now the foam he never had that problem and his hair grew in so nicely. We would use that again but never the liquid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It was suggested to me to try Lush's "New" shampoo. it's $9 a bar, but a bar lasts for about the same number of uses as 2-3 bottles of shampoo, so it works out. I tried it and I don't know if my hair got particularly thicker, but it certainly seemed to fall out less and grow faster.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009