do you ever get watery discharge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A L&D nurse told me that the watery discharge is normal, especially as you get closer to delivery day, because it is one of the ways your body starts "cleaning out" to prep for the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I've been getting it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I didnt get it with my first 2 pregnancies but the other night (I am only 20 weeks) I felt something come out and went in to the bathroom and it was watery and quite a bit. Had I been full term, I probably would have assumed that my water had broken!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i get it after sex mostly. started at 20 weeks and freaked me right out! this is my first pregnancy and I was seriously considering going to the ER it scared me so bad. thankfully, it stopped and I didn't have to make a huge dork out of myself for something that apprently happens in most pregnancies. this is on my list of things i wish they would tell you before you get pregnant!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes, in fact, I thought my water had broken, and I went to L&D to have them tell me I was having normal third trimester discharge! As long as it's clear and watery, you're fine. If you're filling a pad in less than an hour, then it might be your water.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2009