I have a week and I don't know what to expect!

I am going to have an c-section sometime next week, and I'm really nervous. This is my husband and I's first baby. Just wanted to know what can I expect, other then them cutting me open.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pressure. When they put you under anesthetic (the epidural usually I think) you can still feel them pushing, and moving things. It won't hurt, but you'll be able to feel the pressure.

Expect 2-3 days recovery in the hospital. I felt like my stomach was going to fall out the first time I stood up. If they push the pain killers, try to avoid taking them. Not only do you miss out on those precious few first moments, but you also don't need them as bad as they think you do.

Try not to get stressed out about, I'm sure everything will go fine, and you'll have a beautiful baby in your arms before you know it. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i had a spinal epidural when i had my c-section. It will feel like a lot of pressure, and i have to agree with not accepting pain meds unless your in pain because the first few moments are the greatest. 2-3 days recovery is minimal, I had mine on a Saturday and got out on Monday, but then i have a very strong core, make sure you can get up from your back before you leave the hospital, when i got out i had a lot of trouble caring for my little one, because if the incision. Just relax and you'll have your beautiful baby in no time. Best wishes!
    socalbabymama

Answer by socalbabymama at 5:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my sister looked high lol. she was bf and i ahd to hold the baby for her cuz she was dope up. once she stared to walk she was in so much pain. i felt sorry for her after seeing mys siter go thru a c-section an then seeing it get infected i vowed to never have one. those things suck
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009