broke boobie

my son is now a month and loves him some boobs. suddenly i went from always being engoged to only my left seems to get any milk. my right quit. is there anything i can do to get systems up and running again? i feed and pump and it just starts to dwindle till soon im afraid my son will latch on and get nothing but a mouth full of dust! ;p

spazlilsister

Asked by spazlilsister at 5:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just put him to breast. The milk is ther.e Nothing broken. You're quite normal. You're not supposed to be engorged.

Put him to breast. Count dipes. 6-8 per day.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i do and he has the d's down but he keeps feeding for 60+ minutes and then 30 min will act hungr again. the latch is right according to our lactation consultant...
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 5:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Your breasts do stop producing tremendous amounts of milk around this time. Your body is regulating. And he's going through a growth spurt, or just wants cuddles. Nurse him whenever he wants, and don't worrya bout not being engorged unless he starts losing weight or not having enough diapers.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If he's eating a lot, it's because he's hungrier than usual, or coming down with something, or thirsty or scared or... who cares what the reason is? If nursing satisfies him, he'll outgrow that eventually too.

They're only tiny for a very, very short time.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• as long as he is gaining weight you are fine... I thought something was up with DD cause with DS I had an overabundance of milk... but just keep nursing mama... sounds like your DS just LOVES his mama and wants to be close to her
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Keep latching him on both sides. It will make a difference. Your breasts are still adjusting to nursing, and it takes time to find the balance. Hang in there! Also, look into your local chapter of LLL, or find a LC through your doctor (if by no other means). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009