nursing while pregnant

can i? should i?

rAbella

Asked by rAbella at 5:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can (we are). And nursing while pregnant is really up to you and your child (it is safe). Here is a good link for you to check out. PM if you would like to chat!

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bfpregnant.html

hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 5:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• As long as your pregnancy is healthy it is perfectly safe to nurse. You should continue nursing as long as you want to :) 67% of toddlers wean while their mothers are pregnant, though, because your milk will reset to colostrum and then newborn milk instead of the rich toddler milk they are used to recieving.

Nurse if you wanna, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 5:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes it is safe. I am 13 weeks pregnant and nursing my 22 month old.
    cano

Answer by cano at 5:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Go for it!!! I breastfed all three of my kids while pregnant. I have heard your breastmilk becomes saltier and I think that is why my first quit. I am nursing my daughter and am 6 months pregnant. I will say it has been VERY difficult to keep my supply up. My milk drops drastically if she misses a feeding or just nurses less. I have to have her nurse as often as possible in order to keep my supply up.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• There are no contraindication for breastfeeding during pregnancy. So, whether your pregnancy is healthy or not, go ahead.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yes as long as you dont have a history of miscarriage or preterm labor or birth
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes you can. I did for 8 weeks but then my little one quit on his own. I guess he didn't like the change in flavor, or I dried up. Not sure which (I get really sick and dehydrated when pregnant so my body may have quit making milk because of that). I still would be nursing if I could and I'm almost 19 weeks pregnant.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 7:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• just make sure you drink enough fluid and get enough calories to support both the pregnancy and the breastfeeding. and a really good vitamin is a must! Also, you might want to let your OB know, just so that he/she knows what's going on with you and can help make sure you are getting the nutrition you need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009