Why do I pay gas bills two times a month?!

I'm so mad to find a gas bill in my post box again just now!

I got the first gas bill yesterday and paid online and now I got it again.

The total cost of the gas bill this month is $50.

We don't even use the stove/oven run by the gas, but electricity.

We only use the gas for hot water to take a shower!

Why do they charge us so much?

It's only my husband and I living in a single-family house.

I just don't get it.

Back of the second gas bill says "customers may receive a second utility bill for the current billing period which reflects a billing correction. county sales tax was charged in error on some residential utility bills."

I feel like they rip me off!

And the water bill? We paid this month $60!

Isn't it too much? I can swear God that we don't overuse water at all.

I know it may sound disgusting to som

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• (I'm the original write) to some people, I wait to pee right after my hubby pees and then flush the toilet. Oh, I live in Colorado springs.

Do you also think I pay too much for two people?
    We hardly watered the gardens since it's been raining a lot here these days.

How much do you all pay for your gas, electricity, and water?
    I feel so blue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Sounds like your being over charged used to pay gas and there was 3 of us and we never paid more than 35$ a month. We pay our water its like 15-20$ a month and lite is under 185$a month
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 5:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yah ur getting overcharged..in california with 4 adults and 1 child our electric bill is $90 in the summer and our gas which i cook every night is charged once @ 26.00 and water is $34.00
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 6:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Quoted from your post: "Back of the second gas bill says "customers may receive a second utility bill for the current billing period which reflects a billing correction. county sales tax was charged in error on some residential utility bills.""

To me, this sounds like the bill you paid yesterday was possibly a mis-charged bill, and that they have corrected the error and sent a "revised' bill for this month. If you've already paid the bill that came yesterday, don't sent them any more money. Then if yesterday's bill was over-charged, you should see a little bit of a credit on next month's bill. If it was charged properly, you should be even with them already for this month.

For my household (5 of us), our gas bill in the summer (we live in PA) is around $40, and that's just for our hot water. In the winter, it's much higher (up to $275 last winter!). Our water bill is between $50 and $60 a month.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 8:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oops -- I forgot! My electric is about $30 in the winter, and then about $110 in the summer (running the central air).
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 8:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh my gosh I really need to move! Our electric bill is $250 a month and heating oil is $500 per month for 10 months out of the year. We have a well so our water is free, but dang!
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 12:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009