is it normal???

my 13 month old son is headbutting almost everything and i'm going is that normal...

socalbabymama

Asked by socalbabymama at 5:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My mom told me I did that when I was younger, they had me checked and I had really bad ear problems. I stopped after that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• he went to the doctors yesterday and they said there is absolutely nothing wrong with his ears or anything like that though....
    socalbabymama

Answer by socalbabymama at 5:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yeah, my son was doing that at 15 months - it makes a cool sound when they do it..lol!! then he started doing it when he got mad - not hard like some kids but just to show he was mad..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• he thinks it's fun though like he does it so his father and i will play with him, then he head butts us...
    socalbabymama

Answer by socalbabymama at 5:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• He's doing it as a way to get attention or to play with dad, this could do some damage, or he can get badly hurt, I'd tell him to stop and I wouldn't laugh when he does it or encourage him, he'll only do it more.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LMAO....my 16mo. old son is doing this to not only me, but his 2 older brothers and the couch too. He doesn't butt our heads thank goodness, but into our arms and legs. My oldest son did this around this age and he eventually stopped when he realized he wasn't going to get a rise out of anybody.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my little man does that to, he headbutts a lot but not as much as he used to. maybe its just a phase they go thru. he still headbutts the floor when he is mad, he throws his fits but sitting down and bam hitting his head on the floor. it doesnt leave a mark or anything so i dont think it hurts him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009