i need some real life advice on wedding ideas!!

Hi ladies. My fiance and i have been engaged for 2 years and im really itching to set a date. I have 1 more year left of school so i know it will be after that but i would love to start planning. We dont have a lot of money to spend on a wedding and neither of our parents really do either. We both have large families so i need frugal advice. I was thinking i want my ceremony in a church (im catholic and it means a lot to me) but then i was thinking about a reception in a park with the big white tents and icicle lights and just simple and pretty. as of now (lol) i want my colors to be bright and summery. I love those crazy daisies and i would love to have those as my bridesmaids dresses. and bright colored center pieces like those colors also. so any suggestions for favors centerpeices, food,alcohol, basically anything from you ladies who have already done this would be truly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• DONT DO IT! LMAO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I know where you are coming from. My best advice for all of this is buy a little at a time when it comes to decorations. Get a storage tote and have it for your wedding stuff ONLY! If you know somebody who can bake then ask them to do your wedding cake as your wedding present. Do that for everything that you can think of. Photography is probably going to be the most expensive part. To cut the cost of this try to find somebody that has reciently graduated from school. They are usually a lot cheaper because they don't have the protfolio yet. See if your family could help you cook food and do that yourself. It's a lot cheaper than hiring a caterer. If you have the reception at a park you probably won't be able to do alcohol. Try to do as many things as possible yourself. It saves a lot of money that way.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• you might find that doing it in a park is not only more special and scenic but much cheaper. do the white tents with icicle lights you can probably find a place to rent all the stuff out to you as far as food you could do just coctails or like a tea party with cake and coffee and punch or (since your family is so large) consider asking people to bring a dish to pass rather than a gift (depending on how traditional and casual you want it to be) my girlfriend is getting married in a park and she gets the park rental fro the entire day for $80 that is a fraction of what any reception hall will cahrge you want more tips and tricks on a frugal wedding send me a message we did ours on a budget of less than $3000
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Just got married the 15th of august! So I am fresh on all of this lol I just really researched and compaired prices on everything, decided what was most important and what I really didn't need. I did shot glasses for favors with our names and date. Discountmugs.com is where I got them another great site was exclusivlyweddings.com total cost of our wedding was a little over 10 thousand
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My DD just got married Aug.1, we planned for a 11/2 year,it was gorgeous and beautiful,and way over the budget,she wanted a princess wedding and that what she had. The most important thing is to write down what you both want, then decide on a budget,since you said you don't have much money,don't let that worry you,you can have a gorgeous and elegant wedding,but you have to know where to cut your costs.Let the web be your best friend,also, I am a wedding planner/coordinator,please do not hire a coordinator for something you can do,it's a waste of time and money.Also,you should pick out your bridesmaids dresses,that way you won't run into problems. Also,stick to your guest list,don't go looking for people you haven't seen in years. You will be a beautiful bride,so make planning wedding your wedding fun and beautiful too. BEST WISHES TO YOU !!!

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• All I can say is if you really want the park wedding go for it. I loved my wedding day it was so pretty and turned out just perfect, but I still wish from time to time I had done it in the spring outdoors..instead it was winter in a church. But like the others said..whatever you can do yourself, do it. A friend did my cake, and the food, the dj, and my grandmother did my flowers and decorated the church. I was very lucky in all the help I got. Also the bridesmaids and Groomsmen paid for their dresses and tux rentals. My dad happens to be a videographer and had a photographer friend. I got my hair done but the girls did eachother. so yea..def. search as much as possible to save your money,
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009