I have the onset of preeclampsia at 21 weeks, what to do about my job?

I went into the doctors today with severely swollen ankles, hands and my face was swollen too. The doc gave me two options. Option #1...cut back a LOT on my hours #2 Quit my job entirely. I just started this job two weeks ago but the boss is willing to work with me on my hours. This is the option I like b/c the extra money would be nice. My hubby on the other hand thinks I should quit my job, he says he is worried about mine and the baby's health and no job is worth that, which I agree with. I am bull headed enough to just keep working till the doc tells me that I have to go on bed rest...which the doc says is coming if I am not careful. What should I do?

swimmachic23

Asked by swimmachic23 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would cut back on hours, the doctor would tell you if you absolutely needed to be on bed rest. and he hasnt said that yet, i would just cut back hours save it up for baby and then towards the end of pregnancy stop working to enjoy time relaxing before the baby comes that way you have money set aside and are able to get sleep and prepare for baby at home!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009