Any advice for riding the bus?

My son is in first grade and I have always dropped him off and picked him up. Well things have changed and Thurs. he will have to start riding the bus home. I know it sounds crazy but i'm pretty nervous about it. Does anyone have any advice?

jmoreno286

Asked by jmoreno286 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i dont think it sounds silly for you to be nervous! i was too! i wrote down ALL of my info & daughters info on a paper that stays in her backpack. i talked to her teacher to let her know about the change in transportation. my daughter also has friends @ her bus stop so that makes it a little easier too. i'm w/her until the bus gets there in the a.m. & i'm there early before the bus arrives. GOOD LUCK!
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• First of all you'll probably cry. Secondly, dont let him know ur nervous. If you are nervous then he'll be nervous. Relax, and let it happen.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• its just the bus, all will be well. your nervous now but in two days youll see its not a big deal. When my son was in kindergarten he had to not only ride the bus but change buses at the hub and he did fine. Youll see mama
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Relax. The school will do a wonderful job of helping your son get on the right bus and the driver will make sure he gets off at the right stop. Usually, the bus drivers have the younger kids sit at the front of the bus so they can keep an eye on them. The older kids usually help the younger kids (bus patrol). Give him a week and he will be a bus riding pro.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Take him to the bus stop. Let him walk onto the bus when it arrives. Tell him you'll be right there to pick him up after school. Wave to him through the window. Watch the bus drive off. Go home and relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009