Religious debate

There are 2 types of people here, those who want to discuss religion with others, and those who want to whine about people who want to discuss religion. If you have no interest in discussing the topic, and all you want to do is moan and whine about the questions, why would you ever open this section to begin with? If you can't read the questions without seeing personal insults any time someone questions a concept or idea you agree with, wouldn't you be happier sticking to groups with likeminded people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I highly doubt those individuals would. From what I have seen they thrive on trying to belittle anothers belief, instead of trying to actually be openminded and understand what another was speaking of.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I agree that if you are too sensitive or you think you have the only correct answer why bother with thisgroup and sometimes it isn't just the Christians that whine. What angers me is when people can't come up with anything good to prove their point so they start to pick on spelling and grammar mistakes
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Even though I won't comment on certain topics I still like to read the question, you just can't help notice the same people posting the same kind of questions and topics, It makes you wonder. I'm very open minded, but I still keep some things to myself or choose not to get involved in something I don't believe in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I agree. But I think many people just lack the proper communication skills necessary for a good debate. They think debate means argue or get upset that someone has a differing opinion. That just irritates me..lol...
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 6:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• DEBATES COMES FROM OPPOSING VIEWS, ONLY SOME DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEBATE WITHOUT LOOSING THEIR COOL AND ATTACKING THE DEBATER PERSONALLY.

Answer by older at 7:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• as you pointed out, some people just like to talk about what other's discuss or whine about...
    ain't life grand!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• There is religious debate and religious support. Some people come to support while others come to challenge. I'm with John Lennon, Imagine no religion. My belief is imagine...I watched this show about Islam with Christine Amapour and it saddens me sooo to see all the war and killing in the name of religion. I believe we should simply give peace a chance. I'm just sooo crazy sick of it all.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• There is religious debate and religious support

Whining about the content of the questions and acting like they are personal insults is neither.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think you missed two groups. There is a group that only wants to stir up trouble, and a group that is only here to convert people. Put the two together and instant drama
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• There is a group that only wants to stir up trouble

By going into questions they don't like and complaining about them, declaring them to all be about tearing down Christians and whining that the question has already been asked over and over. I'd say they safely fall in group two. They would probably even be the inspiration for this question in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009