HELP, My 3 month old has colic?

So at a month and half old my baby developed colic.. My husband and I haven't slept in months. And magical today my breast milk has become toxic waste to her. She won't take it from me or from a bottle... Someone please help...

Mrs_Damm

Asked by Mrs_Damm at 6:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• www.coliccalm.com

This worked for us when nothing else would. Get the little pacifier that you put the colic calm in.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 6:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You also posted in breastfeeding moms....but didn't explain the symptoms.

Your breast milk isn't toxic waste. Three month olds do hit a growth spurt where they become inconsolable pains in the butt. Just nurse.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• vibrating chair
    swing when she has control of neck/head

mine had and doc said gone at 4 months and IT WAS like magic=4 months

you are almost there!!!

hope your baby follows the 4 month rule

sending you a prayer!

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Join a colic group here on cafemom! They will be a support to you. Talk to your doctor too. Often it is a digestive problem and doctors now give prescriptions for colic. We got one for our Daniel. We used it on his worst days and his screaming would only last an hour or two instead of half the night. It was a lifesaver and allowed us to get some sleep. Plus it helped the poor guy not hurt as much. It will end - around the time he starts eating solids! Hang in there. It is rough.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't know how you feel about it, but try formula instead. My son was extremely colicky and once I stopped breastfeeding and introduced formula, the colic subsided within a few days. We discovered when he was 1 year old that he has food allergies and my breastmilk was upsetting his stomach. It could be the same for you and that is why she is rejecting your breastmilk. She has finally figured out what is making her sick!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 6:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My son had Colic things that helped him was Mylicon,Baby Wearing,Football hold(any position that puts pressure on the tummy) and moving his legs in a bicycle movement to help relieve some of the gas since you are BF it also may be something that you are eating that is affecting your LO you may want to look further into that. Good Luck!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Gripe water, colic calm works well but it is black and gets over everything. I found the other gripe waters work well too. I like Babies Bliss the best.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• gripe water worked wonders for us!
    TheJs

Answer by TheJs at 8:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The Gripe Water is the only thing that soothed my little one's stomach. I also experimented with what I was eating and found out she was lactose intolerant. (I stopped eating dairy except for yogurt and cheese since its well pasteurized) Try cutting things out of your diet for a few days and see if anything helps. And often times it does wear off. My little one is still lactose intolerant, but she's not nearly as sensitive as she was and all allergies such as this are supposed to be completely worn off by 1 year. Good luck!
    ARoseisaRose1

Answer by ARoseisaRose1 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009