She's tooo funny!

My 11 month old keeps going into a place she isn't supposed to go, I have it blocked off the best I can with a foot stool, but she gets around it and it's in her play area in the living room. Well she keeps going through the stool to get to the area, and I tell her no and put her back in her play space, well she keeps doing it, so I point and tell her no, now when I point to the NO AREA she points her finger and shakes it while I'm telling her no! That's toooo funny! What could I do different so that she will understand not to go there?

MommaRox4683

Asked by MommaRox4683 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ha, that's cute...
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• spank her tell her no and put her back in her play area. Or get a safety gate that will fit in the space. Or move her play area somewhere else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I pop her on her hand when she touches stuff that she's not supposed to but I think she is tooooo young to spank. I do need to get a safety gate one of those round ones, just can't afford it right now. I just need her to understand!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I always tell my daughter that something is "hot". And to let her to understand what hot means I let her touch the outside of my coffee mug. Relatively and uncomfortably warm, but not hot enough to burn her. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it does the trick most of the time.
    hansonfan1985

Answer by hansonfan1985 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009