I am 6 weeks pregnant, and cramping. Is this normal, or should I call my doctor?

The cramps are kind of like menstrual cramps; I have had no bleeding or spotting, I'm drinking a lot of water, and it's the worse pain I've had during pregnancy ever! I don't want to call the doctor is it's a normal occurrence.

dayziesnrozes

Asked by dayziesnrozes at 6:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should be fine and don't be afraid to call the doctor that's what you pay them for :O)
    itsnotaboutm765

Answer by itsnotaboutm765 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• it is normal but if you do happen to have any blood call your ob asap. BUT if its too severe & your worried, then yeah call him/her. it's what they are there for & they get paid for. get your money worth, thats the way i see it especially when it comes to your children, born or unborn!!! good luck, hope its all good!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You should probably call the doctor. Cramping is a red flag for a few things during pregnancy. Since youre only 6 weeks, you could be miscarrying. Also the cramping could be caused by a UTI. Is it more on one side than the other? Or in any certain area? Are you under a lot of stress? Are you having pain or trouble urinating?
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It's about even on the sides, but never in the middle, always on side or the other. It's right under my little fat pouch that I've had since my first birth (don't know what else to call it lol). Sure, I'm under stress, with bills and a 2 year old, and that is a whole new journal post there! lol No trouble urinating, only the cramping pain.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have had period like cramps at the beginning with all three of my pregnancies, so have all my friends! I personally wouldnt call your doc but if you want the piece of mind, then call them
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• alright then, thanks ladies!
    i have my first dr. appt finally in 2 weeks...
    they're way backed up, that's why i didn't wanna call him.
    thanks for all the answers
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 7:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm going to agree with everyone else. Menstrual type cramping is very normal, and my doctor also told me it was normal to have lots more cramps, aches, and pains in a second pregnancy. If you have any bleeding or the pain intensifies, then definitely call your doctor or head to the hospital if it's not office hours. If you're still worrying, then go ahead and get a call in to your doctor; piece of mind is worth a lot.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2009