A little confused :/

Okay, so I went to the doc today because I was having some pretty bad cramping and some excessive discharge with a strange odor. I was supposed to go tomorrow anyway but my doc wanted me to come in today.

I went and they checked me, said everything looked good. They said I might have a bladder infection and gave me a prescription for Macrobid. But because I wasn't feeling well and I have had a decrease in fetal movement for the past 2 days my doctor decided to do a Non stress test. They hooked me up and baby wasn't moving much and when she did her heart rate would drop or stay the same but never accelerated like they said it should. They said that because the non stress test didn't look good they wanted to sent me to a sonographer for a "BPP" which I looked up and is supposed to be a combined ultrasound and non stress test.

More coming..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im sorry but didnt you just ask this question??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• CONT.

So I'm scared as heck and I drive all the way down town (an hour drive) get up there and the tech does a 5 min. ultrasound and all she did was measure the baby and my fluid level. then she said I could go...

As I was leaving she said "did you have a non stress test today?" and I was like "yes....that's why I'm here...baby wasn't doing good" and she was like "oh okay, well bye"

I am wondering if it was a situation where the right hand didn't know what the left was doing...like some problems with communication between the tech and doc or if there is some other explanation? She didn't do what I though she would and it went so fast...I just don't feel satisfied with what happened. I'm still worried :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Uh. Anon, I'm asking a different question. I just got home from the other test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Could be BV, that's what it sounds like, a bacterial infection, they are easy to treat and anything can cause them, they are common. Ask your doc. if he can check you for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I got meds from my doc for that...I'm just wondering what was going on with baby? Like why I got the abnormal nst and why they didn't do the testing they were supposed to do? Idk...this is my first pregnancy, I'm just concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The main point of a BPP is to check the amniotic fluid level so if she checked it, she did her job! The results of that will be sent to your doc and he will look over them and the NST and see where to go from here
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh okay. Well I just didn't know...they didn't explain anything to me. I know I should ask but that tech was so rude and she literally got me in and was pushing me out the door 5 min. later, I'm not very assertive so I didn't stop her and ask my questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• To be honest your doctor should have explained everything in detail to you if they didnt then you have the right to know exactly what there doing so dont hesitate to ask expecially when it comes to your unborn child. I wanted to know everything with my first child and I want to know everything about this one as well. Good luck sweetie and I had to deal with some people like that at my old doctor but I stuck it out cause my obgyn was wonderful and it was worth dealing with the front office people.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i think probably the doctor wanted to see if the fluid was low. if it was low, he might have said he wanted to do a c-section, because doctors like to look for any excuse to do a c-section imo :P i think everything is fine! maybe you should call tomorrow to ease your mind though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009