My son falling, should I be worried?

My son is 6 years old and just started Kindergarten about a month ago. He has fell 4 different times now.

He has gotten scrapes and bruises.

I wouldnt call him clumsy or anything. I have never been worried about this before, but why all of a sudden is he falling more?

Should I be worried? I dont really know what to be worried about, I guess I am thinking inner ear issues or something...or do you think it is just normal kid clumsiness?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 6:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in

• Talk to him about it, find out what he feels when he falls. Does someone trip him? Maybe he is being bullied? Does he just fall down? Have you seen him fall? Does it look like he is dizy? Has he TOLD you he is dizy? There is a lot to it!

But, don't get too stressed just yet, because, hey, kids fall! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• He's being a kid, their's a lot of kid commotion around him and he's out running with the boys at school, boys are rough! He probably hasn't fallen like this in the past b/c he hasn't been around this many kids/boys at once, and they are playing and running around.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my son falls a lot when he is in a hurry to keep up with the other kids on the play ground, also ask the teacher if it seems to happen more if he is tired or not paying attention, it could just be that he needs to slow down and focus on what he is doing
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 6:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My niece falls all the time. She falls over air. She is also only 5 1/2 yrs old. Some kids are just clumsy for no reason. He could just be really excited to be playing that he is running faster than he can balance. I really wouldn't worry, maybe just remind him to slow down.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009