Let the indoctrination of our kids begin!!

Obama is going to make a speech to public school children Sept 8th. Are you keeping your kids home that day?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301/President-Obama’s-Address-to-Students-Across-America-September-8-2009

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont see why ANY political figure has ANY right to make a speech towards children. Speak to the adults, and theyll speak to their OWN kids.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Heck no mine will be back to school!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 6:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Where was that idiot Bush on 9/11? In a school, talking to kids. I guess it's okay when the Republinuts do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No I wouldnt keep my kids home, I didnt hide the television during the election and on election night my children asked very intelligent questions, I think it is great that they will have a chance to hear the president speak to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I wont keep them home, but I will teach them that we pray for our leaders, even when we disagree with them.

Our son is 6 and we have already been teaching him this. He knows we wanted McCain for president and he understands that "our guy" didnt win. Thats what he says anyways.

But we have talked about respect and disagreement between adults. We have also talked about what we believe in and how we always choose our candidates based on what our values and beliefs are.

The election season was a WONDERFUL teaching tool for my kid. He is very mature and aware.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My kids school is not participating in this. They will do a unit on Presidents later in the year but my sons teacher said this disrupts a set cirriculum they planned out last year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Thats true Bush was reading a childrens book, not a speech about politics. I cant pull the site up, is this suppose to be a political type thing?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

He was reading a book to young children. If he wanted to address them I would not have gone for that either.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I homeschool, moot point.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Where can we find out what the speech is about? I read the link giving in the original question, but it doesn't tell of the content of the speech. I don't want my DS to be at school because he knows I don't like Obama's ideals and policies and proceeds to tell people with vigor that we wanted McCain.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009