Christianity in Israel...

I am wondering if this is a dangerous situation even more so if the family is Jewish and one person thinks of themselves as Christian?

I got a weird email from a Christian (Catholic) friend in Israel saying she cannot even talk about Christianity anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I certainly will pray. Just know God knows everything that is going on and will protect her! Just beleive that! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It is getting dangerous over there and we really need to pray for them. The closer we get to allowing the Islamic group getting a hold of the temple the more dangerous Christians and Jews lives are.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think we forget that the Palestinians are not just Muslims. There are Christian Palestinians that are victimized by the actions of Israel as well.

"The 1948 War divided Jerusalem into two cities. Many Christians left due to the violence and to expulsion by the Israelis."

"Christians experience social rejection by Jewish neighbors. They endure the same discrimination at the hands of the Israeli government as do their Muslim neighbors"

"In April 2002, the Israeli military laid siege to the Church of the Nativity."

(source)

Honestly, all Palestinians are treated poorly by the Israeli gov't, Christian or Muslim alike, and Christians in Israel don't have it much better than the Palestinian Christians.

Can't blame this all on the Muslims.

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I really didn't forget that bandgeek, and honestly right now I am concerned about the safety, both physically and mentally of a friend I don't need your political warish words.

shane, if you don't mind, would please pray for my friend? I agree it is dangerous. I am not sure what is going on right now. Honestly, I am afraid to ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i would not want any family member over in that part of the world no matter which religion they follow, everyone has a target on their back in the Holy Lands

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It makes me sick to see all the children being killed over religion. It makes me sick sick sick...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• all the violence over there makes me sick...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• bandgeek that source comes from a Presbyterian newsletter. Not exactly the best.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• http://www.israelnationalnews.com/ this one is a better site to read about what is happening in Israel.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• at no point in time did I say pray for certain groups. I asked a question about one friend. I did not point a finger, and I didn't make this political. My views right now are just as I said them early all of it makes me sick. I am willing to bet the farm I would have the same views only stronger.

Please read the question again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009