Does caster oil really work?

cdsmith2

Asked by cdsmith2 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. I tried it (a lot of it, I might add), and the only thing that happened was castor oil burps... which are really gross... and a lot of pooping. Not worth it. Have sex and walk, that's my advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• NO it just makes you poop alot.I agree with the person above sex is the key and hey if it dont work at least your satisfied and not running to the potty.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I didn't try it but my SIL did. It didn't do anything for her not even give her the poops. I walked a lot, had sex daily, ate a lot of fresh pineapple and used primrose to ready the cervix starting at 37 weeks. My son was born at 37 1/2 weeks. Good luck!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Some will say yes and other say no. I took it with my DD and all I got was severe diarrhea and horrible gas pains as well as vomiting.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 8:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I I remember right, to those who have used it after their due date, with the supervision of a professional, I believe it works for over half.

It is AWFUL, though.

Worse than labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009