Census kits?

Anyone tempted to ignore the 2010 Census will have a tough time doing it — especially if they have kids in school.
"It's great to reach the children because children are such strong voices in their homes," says Renee

So how do you ladies feel about them recruiting your children to collect census information?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/census/2009-08-26-census-kits-schools_N.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• lol, here come the job losses for the previous census pollers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Its crap and this is why they want the census in acorns control reporting directly to the whitehouse.

The tally — down to the city block — helps redraw political boundaries and determine states' representation in Congress and the distribution of more than $400 billion in federal funds to state and local governments every year.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think it is important for our children to learn about how our country works.

I also think that people will find anything they can to complain about. The census is in the constitution, and has been part of our country since it began.

I also remember distinctly talking about it and even filling out a mock form in 1990.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Same as I feel about them recruiting our kids to pressure about recycling, energy conservation etc. ... It's fine if it is given as information. But if the child comes home with an attitude that his parents are well-nigh criminal if they aren't conforming to the rules taught in school, then it reminds me of the way the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany used the classroom to take over their societies

Hitler & the Soviet Union banned Waldorf Schools because they promoted individuality in their students, and a strong sense of self ... that is a threat to dictatorships; they need FOLLOWERS, not thinkers.

Back in the '60's, progressives pulled away from direct pressure to make the US communist, and moved into education.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The census is in the constitution, and has been part of our country since it began.
    __________
    Do you know what the constitution says about the census? Well I will be filling out the census using the constitution as a my guideline. What the constitution says I must fill out and I will but all the other mumbo jumbo they can kiss it!
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It's going in the trash!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Back in the '60's, progressives pulled away from direct pressure to make the US communist, and moved into education.

wow, this is the most sobering comment I have read here all day.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The children are not being recruited. The census is a constitutionally mandated action. It is current events and relevant to history/social science curriculum.

The same argument for children being a stong voice in the home has been made for improving reading scores. Would you suggest children are being recruited to improve literacy? Of course not--
    stop being ridiculous.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 8:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The census determines how you are represented what and how much you pay in taxes and other social order elements. To do this they need to know how many people live in my home and if they are children or adults--nothing else. They are welcome to this information They do not need and are not entitled to anything more.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009