What is this called? Exaggeration? Just mean?

When I say I want more help with the kids, I want it to be more equal and I want some kid-free time for myself (he gets a 2-3 hour per day guitar practice without kids, twice on weekends), he says:

Oh, you shall get what you demand. I will take over all parenting when I am not at work. You shall be free in the evenings and on weekends.

Now I have NEVER asked him to do ALL of the child care. I asked for "more", then recently I asked for "half". But I feel like he's exaggerating and shoving it back in my face. What is the word for what he is doing in this argument?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Being an ass, that's what I'd call it. You should get the book the language of love and you both should read it. I'm sure he thinks you are being a selfish nag and you think he doesn't value you because he's not pulling his weight. You need to sit down and calmly explain to him that if you don't care for yourself, you can't care for your family. That is a major point. By not taking care of yourself, you can't give 100% to your family.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Sarcastic hyperbole? Anyone else?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I prefer legalmommys being an ass!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• go on strike.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Didn't you have this discussion before you got married, or at least got pregnant?

Sit down with your husband and a calender, and write down an agreeable schedule; in the early days of our marriage, we did this with household chores, just like college roommates.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009