baby cold

my son is congested and the doctor says it is a viral infection but it is so scary when he coughs and coughs and can't hardly get his breath any advise on how to help comfort him so he can rest and sleep would be wonderful. Thanks so much in advance.
Tashia

momoftwingrls

Asked by momoftwingrls at 7:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A cold humidifier works wonders. Keeping him propped up slightly while he sleeps will help too. We just put a pillow underneath my daughter's crib mattress. Good luck! It's so sad when they are sick!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Cool-mist humidifier works the best. My one son who has Down Syndrome gets resitory infections quite often. I sometimes take him in the bathroom with the door shut and turn on the shower to hot. Let the steam work for him for about 10 or 15min. You should notice a big difference.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I always used a coo-mist humidifer, also I rub his chest and back with baby vic sav rub, elevate the head of his crib. Be sure and rub the sav really good in on both chest and back, this helps break up chest congestion. I hope you little one feels better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Thank you all for your input I will try all of it. Thanks again
    momoftwingrls

Answer by momoftwingrls at 4:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2009