Did you ever have a teacher that was rude and would pick on you?

i did!! she would always pick on me cause i was left handed and she would slap my hand with a ruler if she caught me writing with my left hand then she was giving me an f on the paper cause caught me or she would notice that my hand writing wasn't with the right hand ... thats was fine cause my parents told that witch hat they thought of her... hehehe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YES!! I'm left-handed too and my 3rd grade teacher would call me a caveman, right in front of everyone, because I didn't hold my pencil properly. I worked so hard trying to hold my pencil the "right way" Everyone in my family held their pencil the same way as me so nobody could teach me so my mom bought me those little triangle things. It sounds so stupid now, but it was a really big deal to me then. I honestly think the other children felt bad for me, because "caveman" never stuck and she was the only one who called me that. This still pisses me off today!! I still hold my pencil the same way and many compliment me on my neat handwriting;)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I had a teacher once say to me in front of every one, "oh, I see you are repeating this class." I was in 5th grade. I had to repeat 5th grade because I spent a lot of time at Le BonHeur Children's Hospital. I missed a lot of days and therefor I had to repeat the 5th grade. I hated him for that. Teachers are not supposed to lower a child's self esteem.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Ohhh I had a few teachers that picked on me. The worse one was my 4th grade teacher. She always called me stupid, slow and retarded. I have dyslexia so that witch made sure to pick on my spelling in front of the whole class. My 7th grade history teacher was just as bad. He always picked on me for not knowing a word and my spelling. Plus he picked on me b/c I was from Texas. We moved from Texas to New York. Oh his favorite thing to say is, look at Alley, she is proof southern ppl are slow and stupid. My uncle took care of that teacher. ha ha ha.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OH OH I had to answer this... In Kindergarden, I was treated badly by my teacher. She would never let me go to the bathroom, even though I had a paper from my doctor because I had a small bladder and could not hold my urine for long (my mother told me this). So I would end up peeing in my pants and she would put me in the middle of the reading circle so the other kids could laugh at me. Being 4 and 5 years old not being able to go to the bathroom at all, I peed my pants a few times a day (this I remember). I would go home smelling like pee with a note from my teacher saying I was able to use the bathroom if I held one finger up but I never did. My mom knew better, I didn't wet my pants at home. One day, my mom came to school to confront my teacher,and seen me in the reading circle.My mom was so mad she and she seen the hand print on my face from my teach smackin me, my mom beat my teacher up. IDK why my teacher hit me tho..
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 7:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My DD is being mistreated by one of the dean of students. He did this last year too and started the first day of school this year. I dated him when we were teens. He picks on my daughter for the most stupidest things! Like her shirt is too tight or too loose. Her shoes are too bright. She was making too much noise when she was coughing or other stupid sh*t! I think he knows she is my kid and thats why he does it. But last year he would be so mean infront of other kids, that she would fake sick to call home and beg me to come get her crying. I never really knew what was up until she finally told me torwards the end of the year. I had a conference with him then and guess its time to do the same now.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 8:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yeah in college, turns out he was mean to me because he had a crush on me, but of course, couldn't act on it. I did get to find out later how absolutely DIVINE a kisser he was! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Two words...Catholic School. When I was little things were very different...those nuns were either nice or way way mean.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Those answers sounded so sad. A teacher rapped me on the knuckles in fourth grade because I was too slow for her-this was back in the days when teachers were old and that was the way they disciplined. Teachers would do atrocious things to kids(my brothers included) to get them to mind..... I was a teacher for 21 years and kept in mind that incident plus the KIDS picking on ME for stuttering . After fits and starts I learned how to effectively discipline and at the end of my teaching career was the loving but firm bilingual teacher I always dreamed of being!!! (I always had the best behaved kids in the school.) Just to add to picking-it works OTHER ways too. Worked in a parent-run public school (Spanish teacher) for 6 weeks-abuse from kids and parents-was TOLD-like I was property I -was going to 2/3 grade. I finally voluntarity resigned-NO ONE- not even a teacher has to live that way-now a SAHM and free as a bird!! LOL!!!
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 11:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2009